“I was selfish in college and believed not to give more than I receive. This thought seemed logical, right? Why should you give more and not worry about getting it back?
Well, I was wrong. I learned that the world is not a dog-eat-dog place. Read along to know what changed….
Soon after college, I joined a company that had a library. One day I went in searching for books to read and found The Go-Giver. I was like, “I heard and read people say The Go-Getter, not The Go-Giver”. Intrigued, I borrowed the book. I started to read it on a Saturday. I was so hooked that I finished it the same afternoon.
The lessons from The Laws of Stratospheric Success changed me. Here’s a one-line brief about them:
- The Law of Value: Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
You might think that following these laws, especially the first one, is a recipe for getting poor. How can giving more than you take in payment make sense? I was skeptical too, but I realized that they are selfless laws. It contradicts what we learned, but it makes sense from a humanitarian and customers point of view.
- Don’t you always want more than what you paid for?
- Don’t you want people to place your interest above theirs?
- Don’t you want to showcase who you are, what can you do and offer to the world?
It’s human to feel them. Hence, once you start providing a lot of value, serving a lot of people with sheer authenticity, and placing their interests first, there is nothing that can stop you from being successful.
I’m advocating this because I have first-hand experience with it. It’s been three years since living this philosophy and I can’t express how this book has changed my life.”
Arjun Sachdev is an avid non-fiction reader and book reviewer. Check out his YT channel to pick great books.
If you like my content and would like to see more of it, consider liking and following it with your email address. It will help me build this community.
See you later, Cheers!!